At Lewis & Clark, we believe that people learn best, and flourish the most, when they encounter perspectives, people, backgrounds, and experiences other than their own. Diversity creates the best educational environment, and inclusion speaks to our highest ideals.
Across all three schools that make up our institution, you will find:
- lively exchanges animating classes and symposia focused on a wide range of diversity and inclusion issues;
- students, faculty, and staff continuing and deepening those discussions in casual and formal settings around campus;
- events and speakers that bring the latest thinking and fresh perspectives to our community;
- students actively engaged in exploring their identities through clubs, organizations, and civic engagement;
- a commitment to an inclusive, engaged community that is welcoming to all.
We invite you to explore our vision of diversity and inclusion at Lewis & Clark.
L&C students, faculty, and staff: Along with the CDI draft action plan you received, here are the powerpoint presentations of the Forum organized by students affiliated with LC Black Lives Matter, Online submission survey, and the CDI listening forum.
L&C students, faculty, and staff: The next regular meeting of the CDI will be held on May 13. If you would like to attend, you can RSVP once the meeting is posted in LiveWhale; the link will be posted here. In the meantime, you are always welcome to submit any questions or concerns to the committee.
You are also invited to attend weekly office hours with the Committee on Diversity and Inclusion’s student rep, Gabriela Rodriguez ’16. She is in the Trail Room every Friday through April 29 from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. and would love to chat with you about her work on the CDI.