Resources for Our Community
We’ve collected some useful resources geared toward people of diverse backgrounds to help connect Lewis & Clark students, faculty, and staff with restaurants, stores, community organizations, and more throughout Portland.
- The Living List (PDF), maintained by the Office of the Dean of the College, compiles information about many local multicultural resources. The Portland metropolitan area is home to people of diverse backgrounds that enrich the city through an ever-growing number of community groups, cultural events, and businesses. If you have any suggestions or additions you’d like us to make, please get in touch.
- The Diversity Events page includes some highlights from the full campus calendar.
Campus offices and student groups can also help you get acclimated to our local community:
- The Office of Multicultural Affairs leads the college’s efforts toward building and sustaining a diverse and culturally vibrant campus.
- The Office of Religious and Spiritual Life is designed to support all religious life programs that take place on campus.
- Indigenous Ways of Knowing prepares native and non-native teachers, counselors, and related community leaders for positive and informed leadership roles.
- MOSAIC is a collective of undergraduate multicultural clubs, and many more undergraduate student organizations focus on underrepresented communities.
- The Student Bar Association includes many law student groups focused on diversity.
- The Law School outlines resources available for prospective and current students and faculty.
- Campus contacts for members of the community and prospective students:
- Tuajuanda Jordan, chair of diversity and inclusion, 503-768-7100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Isaac Dixon, associate vice president and director of human resources, 503-768-6239 or email@example.com
- Undergraduate admissions: Rasheid Light, associate dean of admissions and coordinator of multicultural recruitment, 503-768-7834 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Law school admissions: Shannon Davis, assistant dean of admissions, 503-768-6605 or email@example.com
- Graduate admissions: Becky Haas, director of admissions, 503-768-6201 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair of Diversity and Inclusion Tuajuanda Jordan