Alcohol Use Approval
Please read the information below about serving alcoholic beverages at Lewis & Clark events before submitting an application for Alcohol Use Approval through the Office of the Vice President/Provost.
- Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) licensed servers are required for distribution of alcoholic beverages at Lewis & Clark events.
- Lewis & Clark is not licensed through the OLCC to provide alcoholic beverages.
- Bon Appétit’s catering license includes OLCC pre-approval to serve alcohol beverages with food it caters.
- If payment or purchase of alcoholic beverages is required, or if donations of money are accepted for alcohol or for entry/admission or for any other product or service, a Temporary Sales License (TSL) from the Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) may be needed.
- The Applicant must either obtain a TSL liquor license or utilized Bon Appétit or (with food service waiver) another professional caterer with liquor license.
- Please note the OLCC requires an minimum of 10 business days to process Temporary Sales License applications, so file the TSL application with the OLCC office at least 30 business days prior to the event to meet Lewis & Clark deadlines. The approved TSL must be on file in the Provost office at least 10 days prior to your event.
- Alcoholic beverages may consist of wine, beer, and champagne only and must be served by an OLCC licensed server who may terminate alcoholic beverage service at any time..
- Non-alcoholic beverages and at least two types of substantial food (depending on OLCC requirements) must be available at all times in all locations where alcohol is sold or consumed. Providing high-protein food and low-salt food is encouraged.
- Bon Appétit has exclusive catering rights at Lewis & Clark, unless a waiver is approved in advance through the Vice Presidet/Provost or designate.
- Bon Appétit may not provide OLCC licensed servers for events it does not cater, unless approved in advance through the Office of the Vice President/Provost or designate.
- If you do not use Bon Appétit for your catering, an OLCC Temporary Sales License may be required and is due to the Provost office at least ten days prior to your event.
- In compliance with state and federal laws including the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and the Drug-Free Workplace Act, Lewis & Clark prohibits the service of alcohol to, or the consumption by, any person who is under the age of 21 or intoxicated.
- Identification shall be checked for all guests who appear to be under 26 years of age.
- Security may be required, at the Applicant’s expense, for events where minors may be in attendance.
- Arrangements for security must be made at least ten (10) days prior to the event through Campus Safety, 503-768-7855.
For further information, please contact Office of Vice President/Provost or designate
Michael Ford, Associate Vice President for Campus Life, 503 768-7216.