Language & Literacy Endorsement Program Info Session
Date: November 15 2012 5:00pm Location: Graduate Campus, York 107
Graduate Campus, York 107
Please join us for an information session to find out more about Lewis & Clark’s Language and Literacy Endorsement program.
This program will focus on helping students of all ages understand and draw deeper meaning from material across content areas, as well as enrich their comprehension of both non-fiction and fiction materials.
The courses in the Language and Literacy program lead to a reading endorsement, allowing candidates to teach reading at all four levels of licensure (early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school).
Courses within the program can be taken individually or as part of the complete program, and may be taken in any sequence. The endorsement program requires 14-15 semester hours of credit and averages 18 months of part-time study.
“I learned new practical elements for my practice and have a deeper awareness of my own reading.”
- K-12 teacher and program graduate
Class dates and times will be discussed at the info session and are decided based upon availability of the group.
If you are interested in participating in the program or an individual course but can’t attend this info session, please contact us at 503-768-6040 or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide you with the details.
Why choose Lewis & Clark’s Endorsement Programs?
• Designed to meet the needs of practicing professionals and rural communities – we come to you!
• Reduced off-campus tuition rate.
• We will tailor the program to meet the specific needs of your district.
• All endorsement coursework is degree-applicable and may be applied toward the inservice M.Ed. programs at Lewis & Clark Graduate School.
• Our program is TSPC-approved and includes some of the requirements for the Continued Teaching License.
New events are added to our calendar regularly. For the latest on events related to your specific interests, sign up to receive periodic updates by email and/or mail.