OMA Reads (Book Club)
Date: March 2 2011 6:00pm - 7:00pm Location: Templeton, Third Floor (OMA/ISS Student Lounge)
Templeton, Third Floor (OMA/ISS Student Lounge)
What is OMA Reads?
Have you read any good books lately?
Are you one of LC’s most avid and curious readers?
Join the “OMA Reads” book club, which explores and discusses engaging books, both fiction and non-fiction. The Spring selection for our book club is “The Girl Who Fell from the Sky” by Heidi W. Durrow. For more information about the book, check out her website: http://heidiwdurrow.com/
What else should I know?
This is an informal book club designed to explore works by writers from various genres and encourage our communities to read books that touch on the modern multicultural experience. Join OMA Reads Moodle group to get updates on meeting times and locations and participate in online discussions.
The Office of Multicultural Affairs will be sponsoring 4 book club discussions, January 27-March 3 from 6-7pm. Food will be provided.
All staff, faculty and students to officially sign up for the book club will receive a special invitation to meet Heidi Durrow when she visits LC on March 9th, and will be entered into a drawing for $50 gift certificate to the LC Bookstore!
What do I need to do in order to participate?
1) Register to attend the OMA Reads book club meetings Registration is limited to 30 participants. http://bit.ly/dXZgut
2) To read the book by:
- visiting your local public library,
- checking out the book through the Summit Library (through Watzek Library),
- purchasing the new trade paperback book at our LC Bookstore
- borrowing a copy from the Office of Multicultural Affairs
3) Participate in any of the 4 book discussions, which will be 6-7PM. Snacks will be provided.
What if I attend the book club meetings?
You can participate online through our forum on facebook or moodle. Click the facebook group link below or email Tricia Brand at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
What if I have other questions?
Contact Tricia Brand, Associate Dean and Director of Multicultural Affairs, email@example.com