Adding or Editing Images in the Image Library
Editor’s Note: This article is currently being reviewed. Most likely, content on this page is outdated or scheduled for revision (due to significant changes in the software).
Usually, images are added to content via the WYSIWYG toolbar, but occasionally you will find it helpful to upload images to the Image Library for use on many pages.
From the LiveWhale interface, click the “Images” link at the upper righthand corner of the screen.
If you are adding an image, click “Add a New Image”, otherwise find the image you wish to edit and click its title.
Whether adding or editing a image:
Fill out the form with the relevant information for your image.
- Enter the title of the image.
- If this content is especially important and you wish to flag it as such on your web site, click the star in the section labeled “Star content” in order to highlight it. By default this content will be shareable. If you wish to make it non-shareable, click the globe labeled “Share content” to un-highlight it.
- Choose any relevant keywords for this image, so that it can be found in searches. Keywords should be separated by either commas or spaces.
- Choose a default caption for your image if there is one.
- Enter a photo credit if applicable.
- Tag the image with any relevant tags. Tags help sort and classify images so that they can be directed to the proper location on your web site. You can click in the field labeled “Tags” and type a keyword; tags will be suggested to you. If you are unsure what tags are available in your group, click “Show all tags” to display them all and select the relevant ones.
- If you are editing an existing image, you will also see a “Delete” link near the upper righthand corner of the screen, allowing you to delete this image. (See “Deleting an image” for more information.)
- If you are editing an existing image, you will also see a “View full image” link beneath the delete link, allowing you to preview the full-sized image.
- If adding a new image, under the section labeled “Upload a new image”, choose a file to upload. If you are editing an existing download, this section is labeled “Replace with file”, and choosing a file here can be used to replace the existing image with a new version.
When done, click the “Save this image” button.
Note: If an image is uploaded without a title, caption, or credit and any of that information is found encoded within the image’s IPTC metadata, the metadata field values will be used automatically.
Also, if an image contains EXIF orientation metadata (such as an image taken in portrait mode), LiveWhale will automatically rotate the image to the correct orientation upon upload.
Source: LiveWhale Support