Mentor Program Awards Presented
July 25, 2011
At a special reception held on April 6 at the Law School, several mentors and one student received recognition for their participation in the Mentor Program. Each year, students are invited to nominate their mentor, many of which are alumni of the Law School, for the outstanding mentor awards. Selection for the awards is based on the quality of the mentoring experience and is generally awarded to mentors whose students feel their mentors devoted an exceptional amount of time and attention to working with them. Most mentors offer advice about law school, career options, and living in the Portland area, as well as attending mentor program events, law school activities, and legal community events with their mentees. In addition, many mentors introduce their mentees to their families - to help build a support system - and their colleagues - to build professional networks.
The 2010-2011 Mentor Program award recipients are:
- Donna Maddux ‘02, Andrea Swanner Redding Outstanding Mentor Award (presented to a mentor who worked with an upper division law student)
- Dustin Combs ‘12, the Outstanding Mentee Award (presented to a student whose mentor feels was especially involved in making the mentoring experience a success)
- Lindsay Dickston ‘07, First Year Mentor Award
- Cody Elliott ‘08, First Year Mentor Award
- Alison Osterberg ‘09, First Year Mentor Award
- Tyler Volm ‘08, First Year Mentor Award
The Law School thanks each of the 2010-2011 mentors for their participation in this important program. If you would like to mentor a student during the 2011-2012 academic year, contact Libby Davis ‘93, Associate Dean for Career Services & Alumni Relations, who oversees the Mentor Program.