Were you selected for Verification?
February 21, 2013
Each year, many need-based financial aid applicants are required to complete a process called verification in order to finalize their awards and receive funds.
How to tell if you’ve been selected:
- After filing your FAFSA, a Student Aid Report (SAR) is sent to you. If it indicates you’ve been selected, you will need to submit verification documents to our office.
- We may send you an email if you’ll be required to submit verification materials.
- Check My Documents on WebAdvisor. Outstanding items will be listed there, including a Verification Worksheet if you’ve been selected.
- If you receive a financial aid award that is marked as estimated and “VERIFICATION REQUIRED,” you’ve been selected. Your award is subject to change and funds will not be disbursed until the verification process is complete.
What you need to do:
First, you (and your parents if you’re a dependent undergraduate student) should file your 2012 federal taxes. Once you have done so and the IRS has processed your (and your parents’) return, follow the instructions for completing Verification…
Verification due dates:
- Incoming 1st-year and transfer CAS students: April 15, 2013
- Law, Grad, and continuing CAS students: May 1, 2013