School navigation

Financial Aid

So you have a financial aid award… have you secured your aid?

August 02, 2013

  • News Image

If you have an award notification from our office, it’s very likely that there is some federal student loan eligibility included in your financial aid package.  If you need to borrow the loan(s), or any portion of your eligibility, there are some processing steps you’ll need to complete.

  1. Go to the Loan Information & Processing section of our website.
  2. Select Loan Processing for Undergrads, Grad Students, or Law Students.
  3. Follow the instructions to submit a Financial Aid Response Form.
What if I need to borrow more than what’s on my award?

If you are looking for other loan types that you can use to cover the difference between the total cost and the financial aid you were awarded, you might be interested in applying for a Federal Direct Plus Loan for Parents of Undergrads or a private educational loan

Graduate & Law Students:  The Federal Direct Plus Loan that you have access to (see above) should be sufficient to cover the remainder of your expenses.

When should I process my loans?

We recommend that if you’ll be attending during the fall 2013 semester, you should secure your loans no later than July 1st.

Since we’re already past this date, you should complete all of the processing steps as soon as possible!