Flu Shots For PEHT And Kaiser Members
Dear Faculty & Staff:
As part of our ongoing communication regarding flu and flu prevention, we want to update you on the status of flu shot availability through our medical providers:
PEHT/Regence (seasonal flu shot only, not H1N1):
- In-network flu shots are covered at 100%, out-of-network shots are covered at 100% of usual and customary charge.
- Participants may receive flu shots from any PAR/PPO provider.
- Doctors who provide flu shots for participants should bill Regence directly.
- Participants may submit receipts for flu shots received at locations other than a provider’s office, including grocery stores or pharmacies.
- Receipts must include the following information for processing: Patient’s name and ID number, receipt must indicate “flu shot”, Provider name and NPI number.
- An up-to-date list of local flu shot clinics is available at http://www.flucliniclocator.org/
At this time the H1N1 vaccine is not available. We will provide more information once it is available.
Kaiser (seasonal flu shot only, not H1N1):
- Kaiser will begin seasonal flu clinics on October 3rd. Kaiser members may also get a seasonal flu vaccination from their provider during a regular office appointment.
- Kaiser members in a Kaiser service area will not be reimbursed for flu vaccinations received at a non-Kaiser Permanente location.
- For more information on both seasonal and H1N1 flu, as well clinic locations, go to https://members.kaiserpermanente.org/kpweb/entryPage.do?cfe=228&rop=KNW
Please do your part to stay healthy this flu season.