Register for the Emergency Notification System
March 03, 2014
Whether there is a campus safety issue that could lead to violence, a concern of a widespread health pandemic, or a natural disaster, the Lewis & Clark emergency notification system provides rapid notification and instructions to students, faculty, and staff.
It is used ONLY for emergency communications and for periodic testing and drills. Your contact information will not be shared with anyone.
While emergency alerts will be automatically sent to lclark.edu email addresses and office phones, you also have the option of receiving alerts via text message, cell phone, home phone, other email, or ANY COMBINATION of the above.
To register with the system:
- Go to WebAdvisor (Safari or Firefox recommended).
- Click the “Log In” tab.
- Log in using your Lewis & Clark e-mail user ID (without “@lclark.edu”) and password—both are case-sensitive.
- Click on an available submenu (e.g. Students, Employees, Faculty).
- Click on “Emergency Alert Preferences” in the “User Account” section.
- Enter additional phone numbers and/or an additional e-mail address at which you wish to receive emergency notifications. You also have an option to receive SMS text messages at the mobile phone number you provide.
- Click “Submit” to save your changes.
If you have any problems registering with the system, please call the IT help desk at extension 7225.
Learn more about the system—how it works and why it is necessary—in this FAQ.