L&C earns Sustainability at Work Gold Certification
August 26, 2013
Lewis & Clark has achieved Sustainability at Work’s gold certification and is recognized for its leadership in helping to make Portland one of the cleanest, most sustainable cities in the country. To earn this honor, Lewis & Clark completed numerous actions to benefit our local economy, our community and our environment, which were verified during an onsite visit with a Sustainability at Work advisor.
Lewis & Clark’s significant achievements include:
- Energy efficient systems, energy controls, and an online energy dashboard
- Storm water facilities such as bioswales, pervious pavement, native landscape
- Renewable energy and carbon offsets purchased by students to cover 100% of our carbon footprint
- Transportation resources and incentives
- Sustainability related training and events
Sustainability at Work offers comprehensive, free resources and expertise for Portland organizations seeking to create a more sustainable workplace. These services are tailored to conserve resources, improve efficiency, save money, and provide a healthy and quality workspace for employees. The Sustainability at Work certification is valid for three years.
For more information, contact Sustainability Manager Amy Dvorak (x7794 or email@example.com).