Update: Extended deadline information for health care claims
February 17, 2014
Hello 2013-14 Health Flex account participants:
Previously I told you that the rollover was for up to $500 for the Health Flex, but needed to be used for qualified purchases within the period of 4/1/14 through 6/30/14. This is incorrect. Here is the correct information:
1. There is a rollover provision for the Health Flex plan from this year (2013-14) plan year of up to $500.
2. The extended submit claim period will continue as in the past. This is where you can submit claims to Allegiance for any qualified purchase made by 3/31/14. This period is from 4/1/14 through 6/30/14.
3. The extended claim period is the time where Allegiance determines how much of your funds from the 2013-14 has been utilized and be sure all claims for purchases made through 3/31/14 are processed
4. Your rollover funds (up to $500) from the Health Flex will then become available to you after the the extended claim period, that is July 1, 2014.
5. You can use the rollover for qualified purchases from 4/1/14 through 6/30/14, but you will not have access to the funds until July 1, 2014.
I apologize for any confusion. Let me know if you have any questions.
Barb Lipinski, PHR, GPHR - Benefits & Compensation Analyst - Human Resources MSC 72 - Lewis & Clark College - 0615 SW Palatine Hill Road - Portland, OR 97219 - Phone: 503-768-6234 - Fax: 503-768-6233 - firstname.lastname@example.org