2014-15 Next Steps for Undergraduates
May 30, 2014
- Read the Financial Aid Guide
- Decide if you will be borrowing any of the student loans you were offered in your financial aid award. Click here to access your award letter if you don’t remember what loans you were offered.
- Complete the Financial Aid Response Form for Undergrads. Watch the video here if you want to see how the process works!
- If you don’t already have one, you will need to create a Lewis & Clark email address.
- After you submit the Response Form, a message will be sent to your Lewis & Clark email about off the required steps to be completed for each type of aid you accepted.
Complete all loan processing steps by July 1, 2014 so funds can be ready for you in the fall.
Federal Perkins Loan
- You will receive an email from SignMyLoan.com with instructions on how to complete the loan processing steps.
- Failure to complete these required steps in a timely manner may result in the cancellation of your Perkins Loan.
Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loan
- If you have processed and received Direct Loans at LC previously, there is no further action required from you.
- If this is your first time borrowing a Direct Loan at LC, you must:
- Go to StudentLoans.gov and sign in.
- Complete the Entrance Interview & sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN)
If your parents wish to borrow a Federal Direct PLUS Loan