5 tips to attract an audience to your event
August 26, 2014
As the school year gets underway, organizers may wonder how best to promote their on-campus event. Here are five quick tips for attracting an audience.
- Start early! Most event calendars need the details (time, date, location, price, etc.) 5-6 weeks in advance.
- Share your event with staff and faculty by posting it on the Source calendar.
- Share your event with students via The Bark, This Week at the Grad School, and the Law School’s daily events and announcements email.
- Post your event in LiveWhale for use on the lclark.edu homepage, in our Oregonian events ad, in our monthly events email, and on our institutional social media channels.
- Consider printed fliers or posters, announcements in The Green, collaborations with community groups or nonprofits in the area, and targeted email messages to groups on and off campus.