Return. Reflect. Reconnect.
July 13, 2015
Over the course of the 2015-16 academic year, Lewis & Clark Law School will celebrate 100 years of excellence in legal education. Centennial activities will recognize the law school’s accomplishments and innovation over the past century as well as anticipate the school’s bright future.
This is, in fact, the second time the law school has turned 100. The first was in 1984, which marked 100 years since Oregon established the state’s first law school. It was in 1915 that the students and staff—declining to relocate from Portland to Eugene—established themselves as a private institution, the Northwestern College of Law. Half a century later, the school merged with Lewis & Clark College and took on its current official name: the Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark College. Read more about the law school’s history.
We look forward to a year full of exciting events marking this centennial. Alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends of the law school—as well as the entire Lewis & Clark community—are all invited to join us. Look for more information to come on this important milestone in our history.