Top 5 tips to promote your on-campus event
August 27, 2015
As the school year gets underway, organizers may wonder how best to promote their on-campus event. Here are five tips for attracting an audience:
- Start early! Most event calendars need the details (time, date, location, price, etc.) 5-6 weeks in advance.
- Post your event in LiveWhale for use on the lclark.edu homepage, in our Oregonian events ad, in our monthly events email, and on our institutional social media channels. (If you do not have LiveWhale access, please follow this Quick Start Guide or contact the New Media team.)
- Share your event with staff and faculty by posting it on the Source calendar.
- Share your event with students via The Bark, This Week at the Grad School, and the Law School’s daily events and announcements email.
- Consider printed fliers or posters, announcements in The Green, collaborations with community groups or nonprofits in the area, and targeted email messages to groups on and off campus.