Summer 2017 Loan Processing for Graduate and Law Students
April 05, 2017
- View your 2017-18 financial aid award letter on WebAdvisor.
- Complete the Financial Aid Response Form for Graduate Students or the Financial Aid Response Form for Law Students
- If you do not already have one, you will need to create a Lewis & Clark email address.
- After you submit the Financial Aid Response Form, check your Lewis & Clark email for a message about the required loan processing steps for each type of aid you accepted.
Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
- If you have processed and received Direct Loans as a graduate or law student at L&C previously, no further action is necessary for you to borrow this loan.
- If this is your first time borrowing a Direct Loan at L&C, you must:
Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan
- Go to StudentLoans.gov and sign in.
- Apply for a Direct PLUS Loan (your credit will be checked).
- Sign a PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN).
Please complete all loan processing steps by the following deadlines and allow 10-15 business days for us to process your request.
- April 24 if you start on May 8 (GSEC Summer Session 1)
- May 30 if you start on June 12 (GSEC Summer Session 2)
June 29 if you start on July 17 (GSEC Summer Session 3)
- May 15 if you start on May 30 (LAW Summer Session 1)
- June 19 if you start on July 6 (LAW Summer Session 2)
For further information about the Federal Direct Loan Program, please visit StudentLoans.gov or call 1-800-557-7394.