More than 1500 guests expected to visit campus this summer
May 09, 2016
Beginning this week and continuing through the middle of August, the Office of Conferences and Events will welcome several weddings in the Estate Gardens, dozens of visiting conferences and youth camps, and more than 1000 alumni and friends attending Alumni Weekend.
“With 1,500 guests staying overnight in our residence halls, we anticipate they will explore our beautiful campus and learn more about the educational opportunities Lewis & Clark has to offer,” Associate Director Kerry Keenon said. “Whether the participants are first time visitors or have come to Lewis & Clark many times, we hope they will enjoy their time here.”
Four simple things everyone can do to make our guests feel comfortable:
- If you see someone on campus that looks like a visitor, give them a warm welcome.
- Wear your name tag at all times so visitors can easily identify whom to ask for assistance.
- Offer directions or answer questions for anyone who might seem a bit lost or confused.
- Encourage guests to visit the Manor House, the College Bookstore, Templeton Campus Center, the Rose Garden, or your favorite spot on campus.
Conference groups (partial list):
- Gathering Retreat
- Portland Piano International Summer Festival
- Alumni Weekend
- Native Wellness Institute
- Royal School Church of Music
- German Summer School
- Fir Acres Writing and Thinking Workshop
- PETC Osaka
- Season of the Rose
- Pioneer Debate Institute
- Academy ESL
- Myron Jones Workshop
- PETC Shukutoku
- Ityanagi Japanese Student Program
- FoodCorps Annual Conference
Youth camps (partial list):
- ID Tech Camp
- Nike Swim Camp
- Columbia Gorge School of Theater
- PGC Basketball
- Percussion Academy
- Balfour Yearbook Camp
- Portland Ultimate Frisbee
- Youth Runner
If you would like more information about any of these, please click on the camp name and follow the link.