Exciting New Travel Benefit From Regence Life and Health
If you are a faculty member with at least a .75 full-time equivalent (FTE) or a staff member who works at least 30 hours per week you are a participant in the life insurance program and are eligible for great savings. This program is not an added cost to benefits; it’s simply a convenient discount program offered to Regence Life and Health Members.
Beginning September 1, 2009, Regence Life and Health Insurance Company (RLH) has a new, exciting benefit for all employees covered under an RLH basic group life insurance policy. We are now including the added protection of a travel benefit for employees and their families.
All covered employees and their dependents, while traveling with a covered employee, when 100 or more miles away from home, or outside of their home country, can now obtain emergency medical, travel, and personal security assistance 24 hours a day, anywhere in the world. These benefits are provided by MEDEX, a leading provider of international travel assistance services with more than 30 years of experience.
Some of the invaluable medical services offered under our program with MEDEX include:
- Worldwide medical and dental referrals
- Monitoring of treatment
- Assist in facilitation of hospital payment
- Assist in coordination of medication, vaccine and blood transfers
- Assist in the replacement of corrective lenses and medical devices
Coordination for medical evacuation & repatriation services is available and includes:
- Emergency medical evacuations (coordination and cost)
- Return of dependent children/ traveling companions (coordination and cost)
- Transportation after stabilization (coordination and cost)
- Repatriation of mortal remains (coordination and cost)
A few of the travel assistance services available include:
- Emergency travel arrangements
- Assist in the replacement of lost or stolen travel documents
- Legal referrals
- Translation services
This program also offers: pre-travel information on subjects such as weather, currency and culture, travel and health information regarding required vaccinations, regional health concerns, entry and exit requirements, up to date security intelligence, and in the event of a threatening situation, security and political evacuation services are offered.
For more information regarding the MedEx Plus travel benefits, please visit http://www.regencelife.com/Brochure_final.pdf We believe that these services are valuable benefits for any traveler.
Regence Life and Health Insurance Company
P.S. For more discounts like these, please see our Lewis & Clark Employee Discount Program page: http://www.lclark.edu/offices/human_resources/employee_resources/benefits/discounts/