What’s Your Plan For Open Enrollment?
Our 2010 Benefits Open Enrollment period will begin on Monday, February 15th and all changes made during open enrollment will become effective April 1, 2010. Open Enrollment is a great time to take a look at your existing benefit plans, evaluate any anticipated needs and make adjustments for the upcoming plan year.
During the open enrollment period employees can:
- Change current medical or dental plans
- Add or drop dependents from medical or dental plans
- Cancel medical or dental coverages entirely
- Participate in a Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (The IRS regulations require that employees re-enroll each plan year)
To Enroll or Make Changes, you must submit completed forms. All completed and signed forms must be received in Human Resources by no later than 5:00 p.m. PST on Friday, March 12, 2010. Completed forms may be submitted as follows:
- Fax to 503-768-6233
- Email scanned forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand deliver or US Mail to MSC 72 at 0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, Portland, Oregon 97219
Insurance premiums are deducted one month in advance. Changes in your insurance deductions submitted during the open enrollment period will appear on your March paycheck. Flexible Spending Account deductions for the 2010 - 2011 plan years will begin in April 2010.
For more information regarding open enrollment, provisional changes to insurance plans, and links to forms, visit the LC Open Enrollment webpage.