Adding and Editing a Download
From the LiveWhale interface, click the “Downloads” tab.
If you are adding a download, click “Add a New Download”, otherwise find the download you wish to edit and click it. (If you wish to add multiple downloads at once, click “Bulk Add Downloads”, however this may require that you go back and edit the newly added downloads once they’ve been created.)
Whether adding or editing a download:
Fill out the form with the relevant information for your download.
- Enter the title of the download.
- Enter a brief summary describing the download.
- Under the section labeled “Add a file”, choose a file to upload. If you are editing an existing download, choosing a file here can be used to replace the existing file with a new version.
- Tag the download with any relevant tags. Tags help sort and classify downloads so that they can be directed to the proper location on your web site. You can click in the field labeled “Tag this story” and type a keyword; tags will be suggested to you. If you are unsure what tags are available in your group, click “Show all tags” to display them all and select the relevant ones.
- If your download is especially important and you wish to flag it as such on your web site, click the star in the section labeled “Star this item”.
- Scroll back up and find the status menu at the top righthand corner of the screen. Choose the status for this download. “Live” will publish the download immediately. “Hidden” will hide it from the web site until you are ready to publish it.
- If you are editing an existing download, you will also see a “Delete” link next to the status, allowing you to delete this download. (See “Deleting a download” for more information.)
- If you are editing an existing download, you will also see a “Direct link to this download” link beneath the status, allowing you to link directly to this download.
When done, click the “Save this download” button.
Adapted from: http://support.livewhale.net/support.php?id=86