LCCSSA collecting for Neighborhood House
February 09, 2010
We need your help.
LCCSSA is collecting non-perishable items for Neighborhood House, our local SW Portland service agency, located in Multnomah Village. More about them here: http://www.nhweb.org/
You may drop your items off with any LCCSSA Board Member – see: http://www.lclark.edu/unions/lccssa/contact/ . We will continue to collect items through our Holliday Luncheon, February 10.
Neighborhood House is in desperate need these days with so many people unemployed and unable to support themselves. While food items are important, we would like to focus on the necessities of life that food stamps won’t pay for: shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap (laundry and personal — hard to get a job if you can’t keep yourself or your clothes clean), toilet paper, diapers (please no glass containers). The other thing they could use is pet food, again something food stamps won’t buy.
Below is a list Neighborhood House sent us of their most need food box items, as well.
EMERGENCY FOOD BOX PROGRAM
List of Most-Needed Items
* Items are urgently needed
- *Cereals: oatmeal, cream of wheat, etc.
- Canned Vegetables: corn, peas, mixed vegetables, beets, string beans, etc.
- *Grains: *flour, corn meal, stuffing, etc.
- Canned Fruit: pears, apricots, fruit cocktail, mandarin oranges, etc.
- *Juice/Dairy/Beverages: condensed milk, powder milk, etc.
- Canned Meat: tuna, chicken, turkey, roast beef, clams, sardines, etc.
- Macaroni & Cheese