Tuition Freedom Day was a major success!
March 10, 2010
Dear Tuition Freedom Day Volunteers and Supporters,
1,204 – that’s how many thank you notes we received from students on Tuition Freedom Day! The event was an enormous success, thanks to your support. You talked to students, you got your fingers sticky with doughnuts, you spread the word, you helped with logistics, you participated, and you made a difference.
Thank you very much for supporting and being involved in the event. We could not have done it without YOU!
So what does this mean for Lewis & Clark? It means that we’ve started a bold new tradition. Moving forward, students will have a better understanding of the direct impact of philanthropy on their education. And, donors will more intimately feel the impact of their gifts, which help deserving students every day. This past Monday, we created a basis from which the future of alumni giving will grow.
Here’s a sampling of some of my favorite thank you notes from the event:
- “Thank you so much for allowing the LC legacy to continue!”
- “Cheers for supporting an institution that gives us the right and ability to speak for ourselves.”
- “Thank you for making it possible for students to do almost anything they’re passionate about.”
- “Thank you for enabling my career. Indirectly, you have also helped pay for my children’s education.”
- “I promise you’re making a good investment. We’re going to do great things.”
- “You help make this a wonderful place to work” (from a staff member)
- “Thank you for everything; I am a football player and want to thank you on behalf of the team.”
- “As a member of the faculty, I am extremely grateful for the support you provide to our students. Many of them would be unable to attend the College without your financial assistance.” (from a faculty member)
Here in the development office, we will be planning how to best distribute these wonderful thank you notes. But you can be sure they will find their way to our donors very soon.
If you haven’t already become a fan of the Facebook page, please do so today, so that you can be among the first to see photos from the event and be informed about Tuition Freedom Day 2011! Become a fan at http://www.facebook.com/Tuition.Freedom.Day and share the link with your friends and colleagues.
Thank you again for helping launch such a successful 1st annual Tuition Freedom Day!
Associate Director of Annual Giving