Once Upon a Weekend
February 12, 2011
Fresh new short plays written, directed and acted by Lewis & Clark students are performed together for one-night-only!
THE CONTEST: FOR WRITERS
One week to write a short play based on a theme posted on Weds Feb 2 on the lobby bulletin board of Fir Acres Theatre building.
THE PRODUCTION: FOR ACTORS AND DIRECTORS
Minimal time commitment. Big fun! Directors and actors will meet and divide into teams to stage the winning plays. No rehearsal until Sat Feb 12 (two hours rehearsal time only).
HOW IT WORKS:
- Weds Feb 2 a theme will be posted on the lobby bulletin board of Fir Acres Theatre building.
- Anyone and everyone may then write a short (no longer than ten minutes) play/sketch/scene based on the theme.
- The deadline for entries is (no later than) Noon Weds Feb 9.
- Winning entries will be notified/posted by Thurs Feb 10.
- On Fri Feb 11 the plays will be cast—on Sat Feb 12 they’ll be directed—and that night they’ll be produced in the grand finale.
- Winning entries will be produced on Sat Feb 12 10pm Black Box of Fir Acres Theatre. We’re sorry we can’t produce every submission, but we will choose about six plays representing quality, variety, and an interesting approach to the theme.