Hello from Lewis & Clark! I would like to welcome you to our campus community, which is very intellectually stimulating and friendly. Before joining Lewis & Clark in 2006, my career in English language education began in Ohio, where I earned my degree in secondary English teaching. Next, I taught English and worked in language program administration at a private school in Turkey for three years. That inspired me to complete my graduate studies in teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL). Later, I taught English in China and at several universities in various states in the U.S. and trained English professors at universities in Kazakhstan. I am an active member in professional organizations, such as the Oregon TESOL association and the international TESOL association in which I am a past chair of the Materials Writers Interest Section. I have edited and written workbooks and teacher’s materials for learners of English. My publications include those of Oxford University Press and University of Michigan Press.
In my free time, I enjoy studying foreign languages, taking long walks and attending multicultural festivals, including Lewis & Clark’s International Fair.
- M.A., TESOL, 2000, Monterey Institute of International Studies
- B.S., English and Secondary Education, 1993, Kent State University
- English Language Specialist, U.S. State Department
- Instructor and Coordinator, English preparation program for graduate students in Translation and Interpretation, Monterey Institute of International Studies, California
- Middle School and High School Teacher and Foreign Languages Department Chair, Tarsus, Turkey