Medical, Dental & Vision
Benefits: Health Benefits
Lewis & Clark offers a comprehensive health benefit package with a variety of options to meet your unique needs. In addition to our two medical plan options which include prescription drug and vision coverage, we also provide three full dental insurance options for you and your family members. All College employees have access to the employee assistance program (Cascade Centers) and the Faculty and Staff Wellness Program.
Comprehensive coverage with your choice of care providers.
Share the cost for exams, eyeglasses or contacts.
Provides services at both network pharmacies and by mail.
Coverage for many of the dental services you and your dependents will need.
The MEDEX Plus program offers information, referrals, assistance, transportation and evacuation services to help you respond to medical situations and many other emergencies that may arise when you travel outside of Oregon.
Professional, confidential counseling services.
Variety of resources and programs on health and wellness.
Continuation of benefit coverage.
Details on the privacy of your personal information
Affordable Care Act
In March 2010, President Obama signed comprehensive health reform, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), into law. The law makes preventive care—including family planning and related services—more accessible and affordable for many Americans. While some provisions of the law have already taken effect, many more provisions will be implemented soon.
There will be no changes to Lewis & Clark medical coverage or the requirements for coverage. If you are covered by medical coverage, you will keep your same coverage. Open enrollment will be the same as always and you will be able to change your medical plan during open enrollment.
Get Ready for ACA Enrollment which Begins October 1, 2013 for coverage beginning January 1, 2014
- Up-to-date information about enrollment and implementation can be found at http://www.healthcare.gov/
- View video about the new Health Care Marketplaces which will be going live October 1, 2013
- Look up your state’s plan on state-by-state fact sheets
- Top ten things to know about the health care law for special populations such as women, clinicians, small businesses, others
- Sign up for text and email updates about your state’s ACA implementation
- To find out about Oregon Exchanges and how to enroll in Healthcare Options, go to http://www.coveroregon.com/
- To view the Lewis & Clark Notice for New Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options and Your Health Coverage Notice, click here.