Retirement Planning Resources
Retirement Planning Resources is a dedicated website guide putting all your retirement planning information at your fingertips if you are within 12 months of retiring. It is by no means a complete list, based on your own personal circumstances you may need to research additional resources.
Lewis & Clark Planning Tools
- Retirement Planning Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens to your benefits when you leave Lewis & Clark College?
- Retiree Medicare Health Insurance Benefit Plan
- TIAA-CREF Retirement Income Plan
- Employee Assistance Program - Retirement Self Help Resources - (Username & Password For Both Sites: lewisandclarkcollege)
- Faculty Handbook: 3.14.3 Resignation and Retirement
- Benefit Policies
- Your Retirement Planning Guide – Ready or Not - this workbook is an easy to read and comprehensive guide to help prepare for the financial, social, and psychological of retirement. To obtain your free copy of the guide email Barb Lipinski to set up your pre-retirement counseling appointment.
- How to Choose the RIGHT Financial Planner
A Guide to Financial Decisions: Implementing an End-of-Life Plan
TIAA-CREF Retirement Resources
Lewis & Clark College has worked closely with TIAA-CREF to bring some exciting enhancements to your retirement plan. We now have available additional investment options, objective advice and planning services, and a dedicated website putting all your investment option information at your fingertips.
To schedule your appointment, please call TIAA-CREF at their special scheduling number, 866-928-4221. Licensed representatives will be available to speak to you about your planning goals and needs via phone and, if you prefer to discuss these issues face-to-face, will be able to set up an appointment time that is convenient for you.
We also have a customized website for managing your TIAA-CREF accounts and scheduling Counseling Sessions with a TIAA-CREF Individual Consultant. Visit the site http://enroll.tiaa-cref.org/lclark/ any time from anywhere for information about TIAA-CREF and your investment choices, as well as access to retirement planning tools and more. To schedule a counseling session:
1. Go to http://enroll.tiaa-cref.org/lclark/
2. Click “Tools & Education”
3. On the right-hand side, under “Additional Information”, click “Consultations & Seminars”
4. “Login to your account” or Register for online access (a contract number will be required for registration, your contract number is located on your TIAA quarterly statements)
5. Once logged in use the calendar of available dates to schedule your one on one consultation.
Thursday, March 14, 2013: Estate Planning: Prepare for your Families Future in Howard Hall, Room 135, 12 noon to 1 pm.
What is an estate? How can you make sure yours goes to the people you love? Richard B. Schneider will present a practical overview of estate planning in Oregon. This educational workshop covers the basics of wills, living trusts, health care directives, guardian and conservator issues and powers of attorney.
Local and Government Resources
The College takes no responsibility for any agreement entered into freely by an employee by using these resources.
- Carlton Advisors - Phyllis H. Carlton is a Registered Investment Advisor providing fee-only financial planning and advisors serving Lake Oswego, West Linn and Portland Oregon. She has helped families and businesses meet their financial goals for 30 years.
- Law Offices of Richard B. Schneider, LLC - an experienced trust attorney in Oregon dedicated to providing quality estate planning resources options
- Cruising to 65 - Welcome, Oregon Boomers! (Medicare in Oregon) - a website from the state of Oregon SHIBA
- 2010 Oregon Guide to Medigap, Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans
- Consumer Guide to Health Insurance
- Consumer Guide to Long-term Care Insurance in Oregon
- Health Insurance in Oregon 2010
- Medicare - General Medicare information, ordering Medicare booklets, and information about health plans.
- State of Oregon: Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance (SHIBA) - Medigap policies, long-term care insurance, Medicare health plan choices, Medicare rights and protections, and help with filing an appeal.
- Social Security Administration - Changing address, Medicare Part A or Part B, lost Medicare card, and Social Security benefits.
- Insurance Division of Oregon - Consumer and Business Services - Medigap policies available in your area, and insurance questions.
- Oregon Department of Human Services - Health based programs and services.
- Internal Revenue Service - Obtaining materials/forms for income tax filing and how Medicare Savings Accounts can affect your income taxes.
- Retirement Calculators and Planners: http://www.annuityfyi.com/guide-calculators.html