Supervisor Rights & Responsibilities
As a supervisor of student employees at Lewis & Clark, you have the right to:
- Expect quality work from your student worker.
- Inform your student employee of any unsatisfactory work performance.
- Terminate your student worker with proper documentation and after discussing the reasons with him/her.
- Be informed by Student Financial Services of the requirements of the Federal Work-Study and Lewis & Clark Work-Study programs.
- Expect your student worker to follow the work schedule you have agreed upon.
- Require confidentiality from your student worker.
- Expect your student worker to follow any particular requirements of your office or department.
As a supervisor of student employees at Lewis & Clark, you have the responsibility to:
- Explain the duties and responsibilities of the job to your student employee and provide a job description.
- Continually evaluate and monitor the student's work performance.
- Provide the student with the tools necessary for performing the work assigned (training, materials, etc.).
- Submit any documents or paperwork needed in order for the student to be paid correctly and on time.
- Monitor the student's hours and earnings to ensure that he/she does not earn more than the allocation
- Verify the accuracy of your student's time entry before approving it and submitting it through WebAdvisor on time.