Student Employee Rights & Responsibilities
As a student employee at Lewis & Clark you have the right to:
- Be treated fairly and equitably by the College.
- Know what is expected of you concerning your work schedule, actual duties, and any other requirements made by the supervisor.
- Be informed about your work performance through verbal communication and performance evaluations.
- An explanation if you are terminated.
- Use your campus jobs as references for future employers and/or credit institutions.
As a student employee at Lewis & Clark you have the responsibility to:
- Maintain high standards of behavior on the job that reflect well on both you and the College.
- Perform assigned duties promptly and competently.
- Complete and sign your time sheet, reporting actual hours worked.
- Abide by the rules, regulations and policies of the College and the office or department in which you work.
- Adhere to your designated work schedule. Absences should be reported and cleared with you supervisor.
- Maintain eligibility requirements for working on-campus.
- Act in a professional manner concerning all aspects of your work.
- Treat your coworkers and supervisors with respect and consideration.
- Follow department rules concerning appropriate dress, use of office equipment and supplies, use of phones and computers, etc.
- Complete job duties as assigned and requested, and not conducting personal business (homework, e-mail, phone calls, web use, etc.) unless first approved by your supervisor.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding any confidential information revealed during the course of your employment. Such areas would include, but are limited to, student records and financial information. A breach of such confidentiality or any act of dishonesty is just cause for immediate dismissal from your position. Depending on the nature of such an offense, you may be permanently dismissed from Student Employment.