Dear Hiring Managers,
The College has added an extra layer of review before approval will be given to commence the hiring process. Please read the memo at this link and let us know if you have any questions.
Human Resources is here to help you find your way through the recruiting process. While recruiting can seem daunting at first, our electronic applicant tracking system, PeopleAdmin, has greatly streamlined the process and shortened the time from seeing off your former employee to welcoming your new one.
1. Obtaining Permission To Fill:
- For the position you are filling for, please update the Position Description Questionnaire (PDQ) and Job Description. If you need a copy please contact Human Resources.
- Submit the revised Position Description Questionnaire and Job Description to Human Resources.
- Complete the Hiring Requisition Form. Once you have completed the form, please submit it to Human Resources.
2. Creating The Posting:
- Once the position has been approved to fill, create the posting on People Admin (our electronic applicant tracking system).
- Once the posting has been created, Human Resources will complete the posting process.
3. Selecting The Right Candidate:
- Review the applications for the posting.
- Interview all qualified internal candidates. If you do not select an internal candidate who is a part of the LCCSSA, you must provide them with an explanation in writing as to why they were not selected, and copy the union president.
- Conduct interviews with the finalists.
4. Completing The Hiring Process:
- Have the final candidate submit the Background Check Authorization form to Human Resources.
- Contact at least three professional references.
- Submit the reference notes to Human Resources.
- Once Human Resources has completed the background check, the offer can be made. Please note: no offer can be made until the three references and the background check have been completed.