Davis United World College Scholars - Terms and Guidelines
The terms and principles used in administering the Davis United World College Scholars grants include the following:
- Students must submit an online application to Lewis & Clark College before being considered for a Davis UWC Scholars grant.
- No separate application for the grant is required. Students from UWC schools will be considered for the grant if they meet the admissions requirements of Lewis & Clark College and the qualifications for the Davis UWC Scholars grant.
- To qualify for enhanced international student grants (award totals that exceed the costs of tuition and fees), students must achieve a projected score of 32+ on the IB mid-year test and complete the IB diploma program before matriculating at Lewis & Clark College.
- Davis UWC Scholars grants are awarded exclusively to current UWC students or recent graduates who are applying to the College as first year students.
- Transfer students are not eligible for the Davis UWC Scholars grant.
- Davis UWC Scholars grants are need based. Grant amounts are determined by taking the student’s demonstrated need and awarding up to $10,000 from funds provided by the Shelby Davis family. Grant funds to cover additional need is awarded from the Lewis & Clark College international student financial aid budget.
- Davis UWC Scholars grants are renewable up to a total of 8 semesters.
- To renew the grant, students must earn a “C” average each semester and make normal progress, defined as a minimum of 32 credits each year.
- The general principles applied to all named grants and financial aid awards at the College apply to the Davis UWC Scholars grant.
- Grants are divided over two semesters. Students receive half of the annual grant each semester.
- Awards that include financial aid as part of the package require that students show their commitment to supporting their education by earning approximately $2,000 to $2,500 per year toward their fees.
- Awards that include financial aid as part of the package require that students submit a financial aid application by February 1 each year.
- Awards that include financial aid as part of the package are renewable if the student demonstrates the same level of need and meets the academic standards of normal progress and a “C” average.
- Students who receive Davis UWC Scholars are required to be active participants in on-campus international activities. At a minimum, this includes a leadership role in at least one organized international event and a supporting role in one additional international event per year. Examples include: Chairperson of the India group at the annual international fair/Volunteer to help new international students move into the residence halls during new student orientation.
- Enhanced Davis UWC Scholars grants (those awards that exceed the cost of tuition and fees) are limited to ten new awards each academic year.
- Davis UWC Scholars are required to live on campus during their studies.
The Office of International Students and Scholars (ISS) is located in Templeton Campus Center on the Undergraduate Campus.
Director and Associate Dean of StudentsBrian White
Office of International Students and Scholars (ISS)
Lewis & Clark
0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, MSC 192
Portland, OR 97219