Terms and Guidelines
The terms and principles used in administering the Davis United World College Scholars grants include the following:
- Students must submit an online application to Lewis & Clark College before being considered for a Davis UWC Scholars grant.
- No separate application for the grant is required. Students from UWC schools will be considered for the grant if they meet the admissions requirements of Lewis & Clark College and the qualifications for the Davis UWC Scholars grant.
- To qualify for enhanced international student grants (award totals that exceed the costs of tuition and fees), students must achieve a projected score of 32+ on the IB mid-year test and complete the IB diploma program before matriculating at Lewis & Clark College.
- Davis UWC Scholars grants are awarded exclusively to current UWC students or recent graduates who are applying to the College as first year students.
- Transfer students are not eligible for the Davis UWC Scholars grant.
- Davis UWC Scholars grants are need based. Grant amounts are determined by taking the student’s demonstrated need and awarding up to $10,000 from funds provided by the Shelby Davis family. Grant funds to cover additional need is awarded from the Lewis & Clark College international student financial aid budget.
- Davis UWC Scholars grants are renewable up to a total of 8 semesters.
- To renew the grant, students must earn a “C” average each semester and make normal progress, defined as a minimum of 32 credits each year.
- The general principles applied to all named grants and financial aid awards at the College apply to the Davis UWC Scholars grant.
- Grants are divided over two semesters. Students receive half of the annual grant each semester.
- Awards that include financial aid as part of the package require that students show their commitment to supporting their education by earning approximately $2,000 to $2,500 per year toward their fees.
- Awards that include financial aid as part of the package require that students submit a financial aid application by February 1 each year.
- Awards that include financial aid as part of the package are renewable if the student demonstrates the same level of need and meets the academic standards of normal progress and a “C” average.
- Students who receive Davis UWC Scholars are required to be active participants in on-campus international activities. At a minimum, this includes a leadership role in at least one organized international event and a supporting role in one additional international event per year. Examples include: Chairperson of the India group at the annual international fair/Volunteer to help new international students move into the residence halls during new student orientation.
- Enhanced Davis UWC Scholars grants (those awards that exceed the cost of tuition and fees) are limited to ten new awards each academic year.
- Davis UWC Scholars are required to live on campus during their studies.