- All candidates declaring their intentions to run for an executive board position must have served at least one year on the ISLC board in the past unless in the case of:
a. There being no candidates having served on the board for a year in which case other candidates with suitable experience will be allowed to run; suitable experience being determined by the ISLC board.
- A candidate may run for only one position in a given election, and must be registered as a student in good academic standing.
- Each position is open to single candidates unless in the case of subsection I-C of this document or with permission of the Associate Director of International Student Services. Such permission would be limited to situations in which no single candidate decides to run for ISLC vice president.
a. Should no candidate declare their intention to run for President or ASLC Representative the elections submission deadline will be extended and publicity increased in a search for qualified candidates.
- Students participating in an overseas or domestic exchange program during the time of office may not run in the election unless:
1. They have established with a partner that they will run as co-chairs of a position. This option is only available for students running for vice president.
a. Students who run as co-chairs for vice president must run on a dual ticket and must both meet the eligibility requirements as defined in this document.
b. Students who choose to run as co-chairs for vice president must distinctly define and differentiate their duties, have a set plan of action for the year, and have this plan approved by the Associate Director and Director of International Student Services, before their candidacy can be officially considered.
The International Students of Lewis & Clark (ISLC) is located in second floor of Templeton Campus Center.
President Neha Kumthekar
Vice-President Asraa Jaber
International Students of Lewis & Clark (ISLC)
0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, MSC 192
Portland, Oregon 97219