Information for Students
Mail Services is here to assist students with their letter and package needs. It is not an official U.S. Post Office, but it does provide many of the same services.
1) Prior to the end of the school year,
a) Please be sure to send any changes in your forwarding address to the Registrar’s Office. It is important to keep the Registrar informed of all address changes.
b) Check and clean out your box and pick up all packages
2) NOTE: All student mail boxes will be CLOSED and mail will be forwarded for everyone during the summer unless you specifically request to have your box remain open! Contact Mail Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or come by the Mailroom to let us know if:
- You would like to leave your mailbox open
- You are NOT RETURNING as a student or are GRADUATING
3) Please contact your bank or credit card company to update your address to avoid a delay in receiving your statements.
Have a great summer!
View the Daily Schedule
Incoming U.S. Mail is delivered to the Mail Room daily by 12:00 p.m. and is distributed to student boxes that afternoon. Outgoing mail must be stamped and in the Mail Room by 11:00 a.m. to go out that day.
The street address as well as the MSC (Mail Stop Code) must appear on incoming mail for proper delivery. Do not use “P.O. Box” because your mail may be mistakenly sent to the downtown post.
0615 SW Palatine Hill Rd
Portland OR 97219
Campus mail must have the recipient’s name and MSC number clearly visible and should be deposited in the appropriate slot next to the Mail Room window. The sender should indicate his or her MSC number on the outside of the envelope for possible return in the event delivery cannot be made.
Speak to Mailroom staff with questions about mailbox combinations and for assistance in opening mail boxes.
Mail Services does certify letters but does not register mail or insure personal packages. Ask about alternatives to these services.
We hire Federal Work-Study Students for various shifts Monday through Saturday. Most students work in two hour blocks. Check the job listings at Human Resources to see if there are any positions open.