Filming and Commercial Photography Policy
We generally do not allow our campus to be used by outside individuals or companies for filming or photography for commercial purposes. Exceptions are made on rare occasions when we determine that the proposed project furthers Lewis & Clark’s educational mission or strengthens our ties to the community and will not disrupt activities on campus or in the surrounding neighborhood.
Note: This policy does not apply to digital and print news media, which are generally welcome on campus.
To request permission to film or photograph on campus, contact Director of Multimedia and Internal Communications Vanessa Holmgren.
For filming and photography fees, please see the schedule below. We will also charge for any services requested or required in connection with on-campus filming or photography activities, such as security/police, grounds restoration, traffic control, and parking.
Those given permission to film or photograph must abide by any negotiated agreements concerning identification of Lewis & Clark in their final products. In most instances, we will require that Lewis & Clark not be identifiable, so as to avoid implied endorsement of a given product or company.
Once permission to film or photograph has been granted, the Office of Conferences and Events will take responsibility for the following:
- Determining the logistical feasibility of the requested shoot
- Obtaining approval for the use of applicable campus facilities
- Providing coordination with other campus entities and services
- Determining whether an on-site campus film location manager is required and, if needed, making provisions for the deployment of such a manager
|Initial tour of location||No charge||No charge||No charge|
Tech scouting with
|$35 per hour||$35 per hour||$35 per hour|
|Tech scouting with engineer and/or facilities staff||$75 per hour||$75 per hour||$75 per hour|
(6 hours or less) *
(7-12 hours) *
|Overtime||$500 per hour||$100 per hour||$100 per hour|
* Fees are based on a half-day/full-day rate system. Fees begin accruing when the first vehicle arrives. Fees stop accruing upon the departure of the last crew member.