Social Media Strategy Questionnaire
If you are a Lewis & Clark faculty or staff member who wishes to establish and maintain an official social media presence on behalf of the institution, thinking through the following questions will help you develop a strategy for best results.
Questions about social media? Contact Public Relations.
What do you plan to achieve with social media?
- What are your goals and objectives in utilizing social media and how does the creation of a new account meet those goals?
- Are there existing institutional accounts that could help you achieve your goals without creating new ones?
What target audience are trying to reach?
Identifying your audiences will help you tailor your content and choose the right tool. Relevant audiences might include:
- Students (prospective, current, international)
- Lewis & Clark Faculty and Staff
- External Stakeholders (alumni, donors, media, community partners, government officials)
- General Public
What social media platform will you use?
- Facebook (page or group?)
Who will establish and maintain your site?
- Who will create your site?
- Who will administer your site?
- How often will you post/update? Ideally, sites should be monitored and updated at least once a week.
What type of content will you share?
- News and updates
- Events and networking information
- How will you ensure that your content is engaging and interesting for your audiences?
When and how will you evaluate your success?
Set a timeline for when you will conduct an evaluation of your site’s success, using the goals and measures identified above. At that time, be prepared to realign your site’s content. Ongoing evaluation should also be part of your strategy.
Thanks to Brock & DePaul Universities and Shift Communications for inspiration in the development of these questions.
The Office of Public Affairs and Communications is located in McAfee on the Undergraduate Campus.
Associate Vice PresidentTom Krattenmaker
Office of Public Affairs and Communications
Lewis & Clark
0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, MSC 19
Portland, OR 97219