Derived from research conducted with board members, faculty, students, administrators, staff, and community stakeholders, our message platform presents Lewis & Clark’s unique assets and characteristics in a concise but powerful structure.
Lewis & Clark is a private institution with a public conscience and international reach. Our alumni, faculty, and students are recognized as global thinkers and leaders. We are committed to exploring new ways of knowing, developing innovative collaborations, and strengthening civic leadership through our undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs.
Lewis & Clark is located in the progressive city of Portland, Oregon. Our three schools offer studies in the arts, humanities, and sciences, and graduate and professional programs in education, counseling, and law.
- Our highly interactive communities of learning challenge us all to connect ideas, reason, and thoughtful expression, transforming lives through education.
- We aspire to lives of service as citizens of the world.
- We challenge the boundaries of convention through original research, integrated learning, and community service.
- We embrace all who are alive to inquiry, committed to diversity, and eager to shape life in an interdependent world.
- We invite you to join us.
To learn more about how we distinguish ourselves from other institutions of higher education, please refer to what we call our positioning elements. Also check out our guide to writing about Lewis & Clark.
The Office of Public Affairs and Communications is located in McAfee on the Undergraduate Campus.
Associate Vice PresidentTom Krattenmaker
Office of Public Affairs and Communications
Lewis & Clark
0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, MSC 19
Portland, OR 97219