We work with faculty, staff, and students at the institutional level and from the College of Arts and Sciences, the Law School, and the Graduate School of Education and Counseling to identify their communication needs and consider one or more of the following tactics to best reach target audiences with compelling stories:
- Online content for the Lewis & Clark website, including featured stories, news briefs, and event listings on the homepages and in the Newsroom
- Multimedia storytelling with video, audio, and slideshows
- Media relations in local, regional, or national outlets, including Web and press releases, pitches to reporters and editors, op-eds, or events roundups (weekly releases distributed to print, broadcast, and online news outlets in the region for consideration in community events calendars)
- Social media outreach through blogs, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or content sharing with like-minded websites
- Strategic partnerships or outreach to community organizations and businesses
- The Source: the Lewis & Clark campuswide newsletter for faculty and staff
If you have a news item or idea to share, or need media training, please contact Emily Miller, web content manager/producer. She will direct you to the appropriate public relations staff person.
The Public Relations team can also help answer questions about the following policies:
The Office of Public Affairs and Communications is located in McAfee on the Undergraduate Campus.
Associate Vice PresidentTom Krattenmaker
Office of Public Affairs and Communications
Lewis & Clark
0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, MSC 19
Portland, OR 97219