School navigation

Student Health Service

Frequently Asked Questions

What services can I expect from Student Health Services?

The staff can attend to most of your health needs, such as: evaluation and treatment of illness and injury; physical exams; women’s health examinations, STI testing, pregnancy screening, birth control counseling and supplies (including the morning-after pill), overseas travel consultations and vaccinations, routine vaccinations and allergy injections, laboratory testing, physician assessment and treatment for depression and anxiety, as well as referral to off-campus medical providers and specialists. 

Student Health Service hours are 8 AM - 4 PM Monday - Friday.

ALL VISITS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call 503-768-7165 or come by the clinic to schedule an appointment.

PLEASE NOTE- Student Health Services will be closed on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month from 11 AM - 1 PM for staff meetings.

What do I do in an emergency situation?

Dial 911. Then, if on campus, alert Campus Safety at 503-768-7777.  For more information about crisis and emergency assistance please click on the following link. Crisis and Emergency Assistance.

What do I do if I am sick and Student Health is closed?

You may call the nurse consultation service at 1-800-607-5501. Calls are taken from 4 PM to 8 AM, Monday - Friday and 24 hrs. a day on weekends and holidays.

Please click on the following link for a list of hospitals, immediate & urgent care facilities in the area.

What do I do if I need a prescription medication?

Providers can prescribe medications for most medical conditions. The physician can assess for depression and anxiety and will prescribe medication for these conditions when she thinks it is appropriate.

The clinic uses Safeway Pharmacy for weekday delivery of medications not available at the clinic. If you prefer to use a different pharmacy, providers can write or call in a prescription for you. If you have a monthly prescription and would like to have it transferred to Safeway for delivery to campus, call 503-452-6212. Please check with your insurance to assure coverage through Safeway Pharmacy.

Will my visit to Student Health be confidential?

Yes, we respect your privacy at all times. Medical records are strictly confidential and are not released without your written consent. Our medical records release form is available on our Forms page.

Will I be charged a fee at Student Health Services?

There is no charge for consultations. However, there are charges for laboratory tests, vaccinations, medications, and some medical procedures. Check with your insurance company to see about possible reimbursement, as Lewis & Clark charges may not be covered under plan.  Student Health does not bill insurance companies but will provide a receipt for services. 


You will need to register on the Health Information Portal to obtain copies of your receipts/statements to send to your insurance company for reimbursement.

Can I use off-campus medical services with the college sponsored medical insurance plan?

Yes. Be sure to check with your insurance company to see which services and providers are covered under your plan.


Student Health Service

Contact Us