We enjoy working with faculty to support our students with disabilities and learning challenges. If there are any topics you would like to see on this page, or anything we can do to improve our collaboration with you and your students, please let us know!
Please click below to navigate this section:
Understanding Learning Disabilities (pdf file)
Understanding Asperger’s Syndrome (pdf file)
Please click here for a pdf version of the letter emailed to faculty last spring. We hope this information will be helpful to you when you have questions about policies and procedures regarding students who are eligible for exam-related accommodations.
Faculty members have the right to:
- request in writing from Student Support Services notification of a student’s need for accommodation.
- contact Student Support Services to clarify student requests for accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids and services.
- maintain Lewis & Clark College’s academic and institutional standards.
Faculty members have the responsibility to:
- provide reasonable accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids and services in a timely manner.
- meet with students who have provided written notification of their disability via Student Support Services and have made a direct request for accommodation, to establish the means of providing accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids and services.
- contact Student Support Services to request clarification or support with accommodations.
- maintain the confidentiality of information regarding disability issues.
- refer to Student Support Services those students who request accommodations but have not set up a Notice of Disability nor met with staff in Student Support Services.
Please click here to go to the full page of Rights and Responsibilities, which also lists rights and responsibilities for students and the office of Student Support Services.
Here is an approved statement you may wish to add to your class syllabus:
Note: If you have a disability that may impact your academic performance, you may request accommodations by submitting documentation to the Student Support Services Office in the Albany Quadrangle (x7156). After you have submitted documentation and filled out paperwork there for the current semester requesting accommodations, staff in that office will notify me of the accommodations for which you are eligible.
The Office of Student Support Services is located in room 206 of Albany Quadrangle on the Undergraduate Campus.
Office of Student Support Services
Lewis & Clark
0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, MSC 112
Portland, OR 97219