We are happy to work with you on effective study strategies, test-taking skills, and curriculum planning that fits your learning style. Just contact us in Student Support Services and come in for a chat. You should also try the resources listed below.
These resources are free and available to ANY Lewis & Clark student:
- The Writing Center- for undergraduate students-located in Watzek Library. Peer consultants will help you with getting started on a paper, organizing your writing, and developing your writing skills. Drop-in hours (Sunday through Thursday evenings in the library, 7pm to 10pm) and appointments are available. Click here for a pdf map of the writing center’s location in the library.
- Tutoring- Managed by the Student Academic Advisory Board, located on the 2nd floor in Templeton and part of the Associated Students of Lewis & Clark (ASLC) student government. This is your first stop when looking to set up a tutor for a class. All LC students are eligible for 2 hours of tutoring, per week, per class.
- Math Skills Center - Located in BoDine, in the math department. Several tutors available; drop-in hours available every day and at many different times.
- Physics Help Center - located in Olin lounge. Call department for hours.
- Chemistry Help Center - located in Olin lounge. Call department for hours.
- Counseling Services - located in the basement of Templeton. Wide range of services and information available; check their website!
LD/ADD Network & Student Support Services Board
The LD/ADD Network is an on-campus support group for students with learning differences that meets regularly to share ideas and strategies for coping with college life. Check out the LD/ADD Network webpage to learn more!
The SSS Board is made up of students on campus who are interested in issues surrounding disability services and awareness, and is convened by the SSS Intern. The SSS Board creates programs on- and off-campus to raise awareness and to initiate dialogue with the goal of supporting the success of students with disabilities on campus and in the greater Portland community.
To get involved, please contact our 2011-2012 Intern, Drew LeDonne, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Student Support Services is located in room 206 of Albany Quadrangle on the Undergraduate Campus.
Office of Student Support Services
Lewis & Clark
0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, MSC 112
Portland, OR 97219