The Academic English Studies Program at Lewis & Clark is an English as a second language program for low-intermediate to advanced international students who want to improve their English before beginning an undergraduate or graduate program in the United States.
- You must be 17 years of age or older;
- You must have completed secondary school (high school);
- You must have had two years of secondary or university level English language study.
How Do I apply?
- Fill out an application form.
- Send us copies your high school or university transcripts, providing proof that you have completed at least two years of high school or university-level English language classes.*
- Complete the Certificate of Financial Responsibility and submit a recent bank statement or a copy of your scholarship award/financial guarantee document.
- Send us a copy of your passport, showing your birth date and the correct spelling of your name.
* You may be asked to give a writing sample to further determine academic readiness.
Mail: 0615 SW Palatine Hill Road, MSC 125, Portland, OR 97219 USA.
NOTE: Applicants interested in both the English and the undergraduate program must fill out the undergraduate application. Here is a link to the on-line application: Undergraduate Application
To request more information from AES, click here.
The Academic English Studies (AES) Program is located in Albany Quadrangle on the Undergraduate Campus.
Co-DirectorsDeborah Anholt and Joann Geddes
Academic English Studies (AES) Program
Lewis & Clark
0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, MSC 125
Portland, OR 97219