Staff and Faculty
Laura Shier has worked in the ESL field for over twenty-five years as a teacher and an administrator, and is the Director of Academic English Studies and EducationUSA Academy at Lewis & Clark. She enjoys interacting with people from all over the world. Laura specializes in reading and encouraging students to use reading as a means to develop proficiency in English. I am passionate about helping students discover their own motivation to succeed and develop as lifelong learners.
Laura grew up in Wisconsin, but after years of travel, study, and work, she settled in Portland, where she has been for twenty years.
Laura oversees all parts of EducationUSA Academy at Lewis & Clark.Contact Laura at email@example.com
Susan Wynne has worked in the field of program administration for over 20 years,11 of those years at Lewis & Clark. She is the International Student Advisor for EducationUSA Academy at Lewis & Clark. Susan enjoys helping students with the student visa process and their transition to student life at Lewis & Clark.
Susan will assist you with admissions, immigration and all the details involved.
Below are the names and positions of Lewis & Clark personnel that students met and worked with in classes in 2016:
International Students and Scholars (ISS):
- Brian White, Associate Dean of Students/Director
- Bridget Flaherty, Associate Director
College Advising Center (CAC):
- Dr. Carla Harcleroad, Assistant Dean for Student Success and Managing Director
- Dr. Heather Miner, College Advisor
- Krystie Perkins, College Advisor
- Nial Rele, Assistant Dean of Admissions and Coordinator of Multicultural Recruitment
Lewis & Clark Faculty:
- Cecilla Benenati, Instructor in Spanish
- Dr. Elizabeth Safran, Associate Professor of Geological Science
- Matthew Johnston, Associate Professor of Art History—Modern and American