To our wonderful leaders and coordinators:
Welcome to our NST Staff Information page! Here you’ll find all the important information to get you prepared for leading your trip, so we can make this year’s NST the smoothest and coolest ever. Please take the time to review the entire site, print what you need, and return the information we need from you. Follow the links, and please contact us in the office, if you have any questions. Please bookmark this page, as there are no other links to it from our main site.
Nuts & Bolts
This is the revised “Bible of NST”—the document that will familiarize you with C.O.’s procedures, policies, and little details which are actually important. Read this document thoroughly, and get to know its ins and outs.
Download the Nuts & Bolts, and get started Paper copies will be provided if you’d like when you arrive.
Acknowledgment & Assumption of Risk
Student Coordinators and Assistant Leaders: You need to print and sign this document. Read it carefully, as you’ll be giving up certain legal rights.
Health & Diet Questionnaire
All staff need to fill out this document. If you’ve been on a trip with us in the past 2 years, we still have your form on file. If you have not been on a trip with us in the past 2 years, please click here to access the Health & Diet Questionnaire.
NST Pre & Post-Trip Assessment
All participants fill out these anonymous evaluations before and after their trips return. We will have a copy for you at staff training.
Trip Descriptions & Equipment Lists
The links below give you trip description & equipment list information about your specific trip. This is what we’ve sent to your participants, so you’ll know what they’re expecting and how they’re preparing.
- Backpacking the Wallowas Trip Description
- Backpacking the Wallowas Equipment List
- Rafting the Deschutes River Trip Description
- Rafting the Deschutes Equipment List
- Hike and Kayak Waldo Lake Trip Description
- Hike and Kayak Waldo Lake Equipment List
- Backpacking Mount Adams Wilderness Trip Description
- Backpacking Mount Adams Wilderness Equipment List
- Explore the Temperate Rainforest Trip Description
- Explore the Temperate Rainforest Equipment List
- Backpack Oregon’s Cascade Mountains Trip Description
- Backpack Oregon’s Cascade Mountains
- Take Urban Action Trip Description
- Take Urban Action Equipment List
- Take Sustainable Action Trip Description
- Take Sustainable Action Equipment List
- Discover the Columbia Gorge Trip Description
- Discover the Columbia Gorge Equipment List
- Explore the Oregon Coast Trip Description
- Explore the Oregon Coast Equipment List
- Mt. Rainer Environmental Service Project Trip Description
- Mt. Rainer Environmental Service Project Equipment List
Staff Training Personal Equipment List
Review this, so you know what to pack for staff training before you get here. we have put it up online and you can view it here. There will be time for pulling personal gear when you arrive.
Online Post Trip Report Submission
Please be sure to submit your Post Trip Report after your trip through Google Docs. Ask Josh if you need the link again.
The College Outdoors Policies and Procedures Brochure
Click here and take some time looking over these important policies and procedures that we require all leaders to abide by while working with College Outdoors.
The Short List
- Nuts & Bolts
- Acknowledgment and Assumption of Risk
- Health & Diet Questionnaire
- Staff Arrival & Housing Info
- Staff Training Personal Equipment List
- College Outdoors Policy Brochure
See the descriptions of these documents in the main section of this page.