There are several ways in which Lewis & Clark notifies the campus community and the public about class or event cancellations due to weather conditions. The College also communicates quickly with constituents if emergency situations arise.
New Emergency Notification System
Lewis & Clark has now fully transitioned to our new Emergency Notification System, Rave Mobile Safety.
- Students, please be sure that you have updated your contact information in Webadvisor.
- Employees, please be sure that you have updated your contact information in Workday.
- Contract employees, you will be asked to opt-in to our new emergency notification system in the next few weeks.
The system will be tested once per semester, or twice a year. If you believe that you should be receiving emergency notifications on your mobile phone or personal email address and are not, please submit a ticket to the IT service desk.
1. Log into webadvisor https://webadvisor.lclark.edu/
2. Select the “students” tab from the main menu.
3. In the “User Account” section in the upper left, click on the first link - “User Profile (Self Service).”
4. Review all of your contact information. Please verify, update, or add your mobile phone number and personal email address.
5. Students – if you need to update your address or other contact information, please navigate to the relevant page below:
Faculty & Staff
1. Log into Workday - https://wd5.myworkday.com/lewisandclark/
2. Select “Personal Information” from the main menu.
3. In the “Change” column on the left, click on the top button, “Contact Information.”
4. Review all of your contact information.
5. Click on the oval “edit” button on the top of the screen to change, update, or add information. Please be sure that your mobile phone number is accurate. Add your personal email address as an “additional email” if you wish to receive Lewis & Clark College emergency notifications from your personal email address.
Thank you for your help keeping L&C ready and safe.
Weather Closure and Delay Notification
Lewis & Clark’s Snow Line—503-768-SNOW (7669)—carries a recorded message that is updated, as needed, during an emergency or to provide weather closure, cancellation, or late-opening announcements. The Lewis & Clark Web home page will also display this information.
Local and other appropriate media outlets are informed about emergency situations at the College. Though local TV and radio stations are included in our notification process, students, staff, faculty members, and visitors should always use the homepage announcement and SNOW-line as the source of the most up-to-date and authoritative information.