There are several ways in which Lewis & Clark notifies the campus community and the public about class or event cancellations due to weather conditions. The College also communicates quickly with constituents if emergency situations arise.
Emergency Notification System
All staff, faculty, and students are encouraged to register with the Lewis & Clark emergency notification system, which provides rapid notification and what actions to take in the event of an emergency. Emergency alerts will be automatically sent to lclark.edu email addresses and office phones. To receive alerts via text message, cell phone, home phone, other email, or any combination of the above, register through WebAdvisor.
To register with the system:
- Go to WebAdvisor (Safari or Firefox recommended).
- Click the “Log In” tab.
- Log in using your Lewis & Clark e-mail user ID (without “@lclark.edu”) and password—both are case-sensitive.
- Click on an available submenu (e.g. Students, Employees, Faculty).
- Click on “Emergency Alert Preferences” in the “User Account” section.
- Enter additional phone numbers and/or an additional e-mail address at which you wish to receive emergency notifications. You also have an option to receive SMS text messages at the mobile phone number you provide.
- Click “Submit” to save your changes.
If you have any problems registering with the system, please call the IT help desk at extension 7225.
Learn more about the system—how it works and why it is necessary—in this FAQ.
Weather Closure and Delay Notification
Lewis & Clark’s Snow Line—503-768-SNOW (7669)—carries a recorded message that is updated, as needed, during an emergency or to provide weather closure, cancellation, or late-opening announcements. The Lewis & Clark Web home page will also display this information.
Local and other appropriate media outlets are informed about emergency situations at the College. Though local TV and radio stations are included in our notification process, students, staff, faculty members, and visitors should always use the homepage announcement and SNOW-line as the source of the most up-to-date and authoritative information.