Emergency Notification System
Lewis & Clark's emergency notification system provides rapid notification to students, faculty, and staff in the event of an emergency and what actions to take in response. It is used ONLY for emergency communications and for periodic testing and drills.
You have a choice of receiving emergency alerts via text message, cell phone, office phone, home phone, Lewis & Clark email, other email, or ANY COMBINATION of the above.
**All students, faculty and staff will have their email address automatically registered to receive emergency alerts. If you are a faculty or staff member, your office phone number will also be registered for the service automatically. For all students, faculty and staff that would like to receive emergency alerts in additional ways, you will need to register personal email, cell phone and home phone numbers.**
How to Register for Notification
- Go to WebAdvisor (http://webadvisor. lclark.edu/) - Safari or Firefox recommended.
- Click the "Log In" tab.
- Log in using your Lewis & Clark e-mail user ID (without "@lclark.edu") and password - both are case-sensitive.
- Click on an available submenu (e.g. Students, Employees, Faculty).
- Click on "Emergency Alert Preferences" in the "User Account" section.
- Enter additional phone numbers and/or an additional e-mail address at which you wish to receive emergency notifications. You also have an option to receive SMS text messages at the mobile phone number you provide.
- Click "Submit" to save your changes.
You can login at any time to update your contact information, cancel the service, or temporarily suspend the service when you are away from the college. Information entered via this procedure is transmitted securely to the Connect-ED system once daily, resulting in a delay of up to 24 hours after the information is submitted.
Please note that any text messaging or other charges billed by your wireless service provider are your responsibility. Neither Lewis & Clark nor the service provider, The NTI Group, will cover or reimburse such charges.
Protecting Your Privacy
The service is provided to Lewis & Clark by Blackboard Connect Inc.
The personal contact information you enter when you sign up will be shared with Blackboard Connect ONLY for the purpose of providing this service.
Do you have more questions about how this system works? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.