Summer Internship Class 2021
Let us help you to engage the next generation of global thinkers and leaders.
An intern can be an invaluable tool in developing new talent and harnessing the enthusiasm and creative thinking of the upcoming generation.
The Lewis & Clark Sustainability Internship Course matches the needs of your organization with the interests and skills of our students. Our faculty and staff are here to ensure a productive experience for students and employers, with the goal of establishing lasting and mutually beneficial partnerships.
Our students are well-prepared and supported.
- Lewis & Clark will handle the first phase of the vetting process. Students will be highly-qualified rising juniors or seniors, will have presented academic references and a personal statement of purpose.
- Prior to beginning the internship, students will receive, at minimum, 40 hours of instruction in both content knowledge and professional workplace etiquette.
- Throughout the internship term, students and employers will have a support network ensuring that internships run smoothly and are beneficial to employers and students.
- Students will participate in weekly meetings with other students in the course as well as faculty.
Students will present a summary of their internship at the completion of the course.
Our partner expectations are straightforward and flexible.
- Commit to hosting a Lewis & Clark student for a period of 8-12 weeks for either part-time or full-time employment. Our preference is for paid positions.
- Identify an internship supervisor and interview student applicant(s).
- Identify a focus area or a specific project the student will work on. Lewis & Clark can assist with this, as needed.
- Complete a brief evaluation of the program and the student intern.
TBD Summer 2021
Are you an employer that is interested in participating? Please fill out this form.
Are you a student interested in applying? Please fill out this application form before you register. The form will require two references and a also resume.The course is limited to 12 students. The current list of employers is here.
Have questions? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.768.7794