Board of Advisors
The Lewis & Clark Sustainability Advisory Board was formed to assist in the development of Lewis & Clark’s Sustainability Initiative (LCSI): an intellectual hub comprising all three campuses to address the most pressing issues connected to the development of a just and sustainable society. The Advisory Board plays a crucial role in this endeavor. Its members provide expertise and guidance as we seek to create educational opportunities responsive to challenging times, develop students into capable leaders, and make Lewis & Clark more connected, visible, and impactful in the Portland community and beyond. Sustainability is one core theme of Lewis & Clark’s strategic plan.
Members represent a range of diverse backgrounds who can link the classroom to practice by providing mentoring for students, support for programs, and insight for faculty and staff. Board members should, therefore, represent a broad range of experience, expertise, geographical locations, and professional fields. Members meet bi-annually and requirements include:
- Participating in a minimum of one meeting per year
- Committing to a renewable, three-year term
- Providing annual financial support for the College’s sustainability initiatives
- Jim Desmond, Oregon State Director, The Nature Conservancy
- Matt Donegan, President, Donegan Advisors, LLC
- David Ellis, Retired, General Counsel, Lewis & Clark College
- Benedikt Hoskuldsson, Lead Partnership Specialist, Sustainable Energy for All
- Margaret Kirkpatrick L’82, Retired, Senior VP and General Counsel, NW Natural Gas
- Craig MacLeod, P’11, Lewis & Clark Board of Trustee member
- Niels Marquardt ’75, Ambassador-in-Residence, Lewis & Clark College
- McKena Miyashiro, Portland General Electric
- Lee Rahr ’90, Water & Energy Program Director, Sustainable Northwest
- Keith Ristau, President & CEO, Far West Recycling
- Craig Sheahan, Business Leader | Water and Environment Business Unit, David Evans and Associates, Inc.
- James M. Spencer, Principal at JM Spencer Associates
- Bart Westcott ’75, Retired, Grassroots Ecology Board
- Wim Wiewel, President Emeritus and Professor of Environmental Affairs, Lewis & Clark College
The Board meets twice annually, generally in October and May.
To get involved, please contact David D. Johnson, Assistant Vice President for Corporate and Foundation Relations at Lewis & Clark College at firstname.lastname@example.org.