November 5th, 2018
5:30pm - 6:30pm:
Good Work: Thomas Ngo
Thomas Ngo combines his passion for immigrant rights and environmental justice through professional communications work and advocacy efforts. Student Leadership and Service’s Good Work series highlights stories of people working for social change.
Sustainability Council Faculty Mixer
Please join us for our annual networking event!
October 10th, 2018
12:10pm - 1:10pm:
Environmental Law Program & NEDC presents “Water Rights, Endangered Species, and the Takings Clause”: Professor John Echeverria
Professor John Echeverria of Vermont Law School covers the 20 year litigation battle waged up and down the West coast over how to properly apply the Takings Clause to restrictions on water diversions for irrigation and other water supply purposes in order to protect endangered fish species.
October 4th, 2018
12:10pm - 1:10pm:
Fish & Wildlife Management on Federal Lands: Debunking State Supremacy: Professor Martin Nie
The Environmental Law Program is hosting a lunchtime talk for students with guest Professor Martin Nie. Martin Nie is Director of the Bolle Center for People and Forests and Professor of Natural Resources Policy in the W.A. Franke College of Forestry and Conservation at the University of Montana.
September 13th, 2018
31st Annual Natural Resources Law Institute Distinguished Visitor Lecture: Professor Sarah Krakoff
Sarah Krakoff is the Raphael J. Moses Professor of Law at the University of Colorado. Her areas of expertise include American Indian law, natural resources and public land law, and environmental justice. She is the co-author of American Indian Law: Cases and Commentary and co-editor of Tribes, Land, and Environment.
September 7th, 2018
4:30pm - 7:00pm:
13th Annual Pio Fair
Student Activities presents the 13th Annual Pio Fair!
- Kick off the 2018-2019 academic year with some Pioneer Pride at the 13th Annual Pio Fair on Friday, September 7th form 4:30pm to 7pm in the Estate Gardens behind the Frank Manor House!
- Meet some Newfoundlands – L&C’s mascot!
- Reconnect and meet members of the Lewis & Clark community!
- Meet student leaders from the Campus Activities Board, the Associated Students of Lewis & Clark, the International Students of Lewis & Clark, and L&C’s 100+ recognized student organizations as well as many departments and learn about what they have planned for the year and how you can get involved!
- Connect with a variety of Lewis & Clark’s community partners and learn how you can actively engage with the Portland community!
- Don’t forget to tag your pictures at Pio Fair with #PioFair!
Hang out with Environmental Law Students!
All welcome! Come out and meet other students and members of the environmental law community! Food, refreshments, fun, and games provided!
September 4th, 2018
Animal Law Africa Conference
The Center for Animal Law Studies presents the first Africa Animal Law Convention held in conjunction with the Africa Animal Welfare Conference at the UN Headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
September 3rd, 2018
You’re invited to explore Portland with a free TriMet pass compliments of Student Activities!
May 4th, 2018
9:00am - 4:00pm:
Green Move Out and Swap: Donate, Don’t Dump!
Students, faculty, and staff are invited to Tamarack to donate or swap any clothing and household items in good condition.