ArcGIS Pro is professional GIS software by ESRI. ArcGIS Online is a site run by ESRI to allow sharing of ArcGIS data. Lewis & Clark has an academic site license for ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online.
Installing ArcGIS Pro on Your Own Computer
Before installing, please check to make sure your computer meets the review the system requirements. ESRI provides a Can You Run It? tool that can assist. ArcGIS Pro requires a Windows operating system.
- ArcGIS Online accounts are separate from your LC account. Use the login and password you were issued to log in to ArcGIS Online. If you do not have an account, contact the Service Desk to request one.
- Click your account name in the top-right corner and then click My settings.
- Click Licenses on the left of the page.
- Scroll down to ArcGIS Pro and click the Download button the right.
- Select the English version and then click Download. Follow the install steps or see the detailed install steps here.
- To start using ArcGIS Pro, you will be prompted to provide your ArcGIS Online login information. This is the same information you used to download the software in Step 1.
That’s it! If you have any problems or questions about this, please feel free to contact us!